Center Line Public Schools values the contributions of all parental and community volunteers and welcomes the help.
Before you can volunteer in a school building two actions need to take place:
(1) You will need to fill out a Volunteer Information Form (download a copy at the bottom of this page).
(2) You should familiarize yourself the the Board of Education policy on Volunteers (listed below).
Thank you again for your contributions to Center Line Public Schools!
Board Policy 4120.09 - VOLUNTEERS
The Board of Education recognizes that certain programs and activities can be enhanced through the use of volunteers who have particular knowledge or skills that will be helpful to members of the support staff responsible for the conduct of those programs and activities.
The Superintendent shall be responsible for recruiting community volunteers, reviewing their capabilities, and making appropriate placements. S/He shall not be obligated to make use of volunteers whose abilities are not in accord with District needs.
Any person who volunteers to work with the District shall be screened through the Internet sites for the Sex Offenders Registry (SOR) list, the Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) criminal history records check and the Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS), prior to being allowed to participate in any activity or program.
Any volunteer who works with or has access to students shall be screened through the Internet sites for the Sex Offenders Registry (SOR) list, the Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) criminal history records check and the Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) prior to being allowed to participate in any activity or program.
The Superintendent is to inform each volunteer that s/he:
- A. shall agree to abide by all Board policies and District guidelines while on duty as a volunteer including signing, if appropriate, the District’s Network and Internet Access Agreement Forms;
- B. will be covered under the District's liability policy but the District cannot provide any type of health insurance to cover illness or accident incurred while serving as a volunteer, nor is the person eligible for workers compensation;
- C. will be asked to sign a form releasing the District of any obligation should the volunteer become ill or receive an injury as a result of his/her volunteer services.
The Superintendent shall also ensure that each volunteer is properly informed of the district's appreciation for his/her time and efforts in assisting the operation of the schools.