The following is an abbreviated schedule highlighting key activities for the Track & Site Improvements for Center Line High School:
- June 4 – June 11 - Mobilization
- Remove irrigation system
- Install 6’ High Temp Fencing
- Tree Removals
- Move in Materials & Equipment
- June 11 – July 20 – Earthwork / Site Utilities
- Site Removals
- Earthmoving Operations
- Installation of Site Utilities
- Rough Grade for Track
- July 23 – August 3 -- Concrete
- Final grade for sidewalks
- Install Concrete Sidewalks
- Install Long Jump Pits & Field Events
- August 6 – August 17 -- Asphalt
- Final grade for track
- Asphalt Paving of Track
- Parking Lot crackfill & striping
- August 8 – September 21 – Soccer Field
- Final grade & topsoil for Soccer Field
- Install field drainage system
- Install irrigation system
- Install 4’ high permanent fencing
- Seeding of Soccer Field
- September 24 – October 12 – Track Surfacing
- Install Track Surfacing & Striping
- Install temp fencing for Soccer Field protection
It will take a minimum of 12 months (likely 18 months) for the grass to root enough to be able to use the soccer field; therefore, the growth will be assessed next summer to determine ability to play on that field for fall 2019.
On Thursday, March 22, 2018, sealed bids were received and publicly opened for the CLHS Track & Site Improvements Project, and the project team conducted post bid interviews with qualified bidders and gave recommendations to the Board of Education on 4/4/18.
At the Board of Education meeting on 4/9/18, the Board of Education approved the following bids for the CLHS Track & Site Improvements Project:
- Bid Division 101 (Earthwork/Site Utilities) – Cortis Brothers Trucking & Excavating, Inc.
- Bid Division 201 (Asphalt Paving/Site Concrete) – T & M Asphalt Paving, Inc.
- Bid Division 148 (Landscaping/Irrigation) – Precision Care, LLC
- Bid Division 149 (Fencing) – Michigan Fence Outlet, LLC
- Bid Division 167 (Track Surfacing) – Pro Track & Tennis, Inc.