- Follow the driver’s directions and posted procedures.
- Remain seated in your assigned seat.
- Face forward and keep the aisle clear.
- Use appropriate language and an indoor voice.
- Place trash in the garbage can.
- Keep hands and feet inside the bus and to yourself.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Use cellphones appropriately and quietly.
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes before your scheduled pick up.
- Respect private property at the stop.
- Safely board your assigned bus.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before standing.
- Exit at your assigned stop.
- Always cross in front of the bus and use crosswalks where available.
- Wear your face mask covering your nose and mouth.
Bus transportation is a privilege. Adherence to guidelines will allow students to access this privilege. Based on the Student Code of Conduct, there are various interventions and behavior management techniques to encourage positive student behavior. Students and families will be notified of distracting and unsafe behavior, which may lead to disciplinary action. There are certain instances that would result in immediate suspension of bus privileges.
*Note: CLPS is not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any valuables brought onto the bus. Destruction of school bus property is grounds for losing bus privileges, and parents will be billed for damages.