Web Accessibility Policy
Report Accessibility Issues: CLPS Web Accessibility Issue Reporting Form
Center Line Public Schools (CLPS) recognizes the importance of ensuring our websites are accessible to those with visual, motor, auditory, and/or cognitive disabilities. Per US Census, approximately 19% of the US population has a disability, and approximately 8.5% have a disability that affects computer or Internet use. We are committed to making our information accessible to visitors with disabilities and are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available accessibility standards and guidelines. For our website, following standards means ensuring the site allows the following:
- Individuals with visual impairments to use screen readers to hear the content of our site;
- Individuals with hearing impairments to read the closed captioning included with our videos; and
- Individuals with mobility issues to navigate the site even if they are unable to use a mouse.
CLPS has adopted this Web Accessibility Policy to optimize the accessibility and usability of our website. To guide our policy, CLPS has created the following accessibility sections applicable to district policy:
Section A: Website Specific Technical Standard(s)
Section B: Web Accessibility Coordination
Section C: Web Accessibility Procedures for Third Parties
Section D: Web Accessibility Training and Resources
- Edlio CMS Accessibility Resources:
- Edlio’s Accessibility Tips for Teachers
- Edlio’s Accessibility Tips for Website Administrators
- Edlio’s Accessibility Overview
- Document Accessibility Resources (Word, PDF, Word-to-PDF):
- Media Accessibility Resources
- Edlio’s Media, Files and Embed Code
- Edlio’s Alt Text for Images
- WebAIM’s Alternative Text
- WebAIM’s Captions, Transcripts, and Audio Descriptions
- ALT-Text Enforcement: CLPS has turned on the “Make alt text required for all images and videos” settings inside the Edlio CMS settings. This setting attempts to scan images and videos for missing alt text at the time the content is posted and will display a warning in the administrative (backend) section of the website. The setting attempts to keep all images and videos without alt text, including photos on homepage slideshows, hidden from the public website. This also includes media added to pages, posts, and news sections. The system prevents pages, posts, news, events, and spotlight messages from saving until all images and videos on these content types have alt text properly applied. More on these settings can be viewed at Edlio Missing alt text warnings.
- Attachment Standardization: CLPS has standardized on use of the portable document format (PDF) for attachments to this website. We do not allowed scanned copies of documents. A link to a free PDF reader is provided in the footer of the website.
- ADA Statements: A link to the CLPS website accessibility page (this page) is provided in the footer of each website.
E3. Accessibility Resources
Section F: Reporting Accessibility Issues
- Gary Oke, Director of Technology
- Sue Pauling, Assistant to the Superintendent
- Address: 26400 Arsenal, Center Line, MI 48015
- Main Telephone: 586-510-2000
- Email for reporting issues: [email protected]
- (Best Method) Online form for reporting issues: CLPS Web Accessibility Issue Reporting Form